Wednesday 8 November 2017

Peppers

I managed to complete the drawing I mentioned in the previous post. HB mechanical pencil on cartridge paper, 14 x 15 cm; here are WIP stages and the final drawing:




With HB pencil one can never get really deep darks, at least not over extended areas, so there is always a bit of an issue with lack of tonal contrast. But I have come to like the soft effect it gives. I am revisiting a theme to which I have long been attracted, namely quite humble subject matter seen fairly close up, giving rise to semi-abstract patterns. Next up: perhaps a cupcake. I haven't drawn or painted one in ages.

In the meantime my NaNoWriMo project is still on track. I have no the vaguest clue how the story is going to end, but I know enough to keep me writing for a few more days, and hopefully by then I'll know enough to take me some days further, and so on and so forth, until I have a complete draft to work with by the end of the month.

If all goes well, the book will be available by the end of the year, or early next year. Not sure yet - I think this one is going to need a lot of rewriting. But watch this space for updates!


No comments:

Post a Comment