Friday 11 December 2015

Time for an update

I have been so busy painting that I had little time or energy left to write any updates here. Well, here are some, all in acrylics on board.

I have been focusing on three different sizes of miniature paintings. The smallest of these are the size of a matchbox - 38 mm x 50 mm. It is rather challenging to work in such small format. I seem to have a slight tremor, that I only notice when working with a very minute brush. And I quickly found I had to go buy me a pair of strong reading glasses for the smaller details. Some examples:










I have warmed to this idea of silhouettes against a sunset background. I'm pretty sure it's been done a million times before by others, but it's still fun.

A few more ACEO-sized ones (2.5 x 3.5 inch, or 64 x 89 mm):






And then twice ACEO size, i.e. 3.5 x 5 inch or 128 x 178 mm:











The above just a sampling of some of the better ones, and/or cases where I could get the camera to reproduce the colours reasonably decently. It remains a source of frustration that the photos are almost all rather pale, washed out versions of the originals.

No comments:

Post a Comment